SMMUSD has issued a guide for families about distance learning. The guide, Succeeding in a digital classroom: A parent and student guide for distance learning 2020-2021, provides key information about what families can expect from distance learning, and how families can best support students and stay informed.
You can get the guide here.
In the guide you’ll learn:
- The difference between synchronous and asynchronous learning (page 4)
- What lessons will look like in terms of active teaching, activities and expectations of students throughout the week (page 6)
- How attendance will be recorded (page 9)
- What communications you can expect from teachers and when (page 10) and how to stay informed (page 24)
- What assessment and grading will look like during distance learning (page 11)
- What measures are in place for English Learners (page 12) and students with Individual Education Plans (page 13)
There’s also information on technology, family engagement, wellbeing, food and nutrition services and much more.
Get the guide here.