You’re invited to an update on construction projects at Samohi. You’ll hear from the district and project architects about the design process for new classroom and gym buildings, construction of which is planned to begin in late 2021.
Students, parents, staff, and community members are invited to participate.
When: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020
Time: 6-8 p.m.
Meeting URL: https://smmk12.zoom.us/s/83540405011
Phone: (346) 248-7799
Meeting ID: 835 4040 5011
What construction is happening?
The new Exploration building will include state-of-the-art classrooms for:
- Project Lead the Way/Engineering Academy
- Health/Wellness/Medical Academy
- Law/Policy/Government Academy
Existing visual arts spaces will be replaced with classrooms and studios for:
- Visual Arts — 2D & 3D
- Design/Digital Design
- Pitch spaces and presentation and other gathering areas, including brainstorming commons, a portfolio production lab, and outdoor workspaces
The south gym will be replaced with the new gold gym. The new building will include:
- A two-court practice gym with pull out bleachers
- An auxiliary court
- Dance/Pep Squad Studio
- Yoga studio
- Fitness gym and a physical education classroom
- Generous support spaces such as lockers, storage and athletic office
The project also includes extensive site development along with the demolition of the cafeteria, history building and the Drake pool. The south gym will remain in use during construction and will be demolished at the end of the project.
When will construction be completed?
These projects are scheduled to be open for the 2023-24 school year. This project is funded by Measure SMS, overwhelmingly approved by Santa Monica voters in 2018.
Questions about the meeting? Please contact Kelcey Davis at email@example.com.
For full information, see here.