During the month of May, SMMUSD is offering a series of webinars on various mental health topics that may be of interest to parents/guardians:
- SMMUSD Mental Health Services – May 4, 2021 @ 10:30am and May 19, 2021 @ 6pm
- Getting to Know, Part I – What is Gender Identity – May 10, 2021 @ 10am and 6pm
- Addressing Adverse Childhood Experiences & Intergenerational Trauma in Education for families of Black & African Heritage – May 11, 2021 @ 9am
- The Return of Children to School During COVID-19 – May 12, 2021 @ 5pm (Spanish) and May 17, 2021 @ 10am (English)
- Five Love Languages Art Night for Families of Black & African Heritage – May 14, 2021 @ 6pm
- Getting to Know, Part II – What is Sexuality? – May 26, 2021 @ 10am and 6pm
Interpretation will be provided (Spanish/English) during all webinars. Please register to receive the zoom link for the webinar of your choice.
Register for one or more sessions here.
Webinars will be recorded for future viewing and presentations will be posted in the SMMUSD Family Resources Page.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Freda Rossi, Family Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Can’t make it to the webinars? You can view the recordings here.
Mental Health Resources
To find out more about mental health resources available to the SMMUSD community, please visit the District’s Mental Health Services page.
Our PTA Council has been working hard to put together a reference sheet of the many mental health resources and websites available to you. This has been done with the help of Shuli Lotan, SMMUSD’s Mental Health Counseling Coordinator. First, though, if you are concerned about your child’s mental well-being, visit the SMMUSD’s Mental Health Services page.
Get the reference guide (in English) (en espagnol).