Hello LMS Families,
The holidays are almost here, and we want to say THANK YOU for helping to make the first half of the school year great. This is a year like we’ve never seen, and while we’re yet to get everyone back on campus, we are very thankful for all those families who have volunteered time or donated funds to support Lincoln students.
Lincoln PTSA counts on the support of its parent community for so many different projects, from funding learning essentials like library books and technology, to contributing to community events and after school activities. Lincoln is a special place because of your generous support. Whether you’re giving time, money, or just having your voice heard, we welcome all of it. Together, PTSA volunteers have dedicated over 1,000 hours since the beginning of this school year supporting Lincoln students. We may not run into each other on campus, but we have certainly been busy. Before you read through the first semester highlights, we would love to ensure you are all involved.
Your donations matter. We are about $45,000 behind where we need to be at the end of the year to continue funding important programs and activities that benefit our students. We recognize times are tough. Know that any amount that you can contribute is greatly appreciated. You can donate here.
Join the PTSA and have your voice heard and your vote counted. Join us at our monthly meetings to hear updates from our Principal, Teachers, Student Body and PTSA leaders. You can join here.
PTSA Project Highlights
- Every student received a Binder Reminder during textbook and schedule pick up as we all got prepared for Distance Learning.
- Sixth Graders got to know each other through a Virtual Camp Lincoln, meeting new classmates, saying hi to old friends and doing some teambuilding activities.
- The Hospitality Team was able to “welcome” staff with Subway gift cards for a lunch wherever they were working from, and stocked the Teacher Lounge with drinks, fruit and yogurt.
- We advocated for legislation that will provide additional funding to local Schools.
- Parent Education classes, workshops and presentations were made available concerning a wide array of topics, including Dealing with Stress and Distance Learning Guidance.
- Our website got a makeover! We successfully implemented a new LMS PTSA web page (complete with nice fiscal savings). The Lincoln List, our weekly information email, was filled with information every Sunday evening and made it to over 600 inboxes.
- The Beautification Committee helped ensure the small garden was thriving with radishes, beets and snap peas, while also supporting the repair of our beloved Sea Life mural in the front lawn.
- Our 1st Annual Holiday Food Drive provided Thanksgiving Feast Boxes and, through Direct Donations and the generous support of Robbie Sikora, we were able to partner with staff in December to provide much needed support to our community.
- And we brought back Restaurant Nights to support our students through Give-Back Programs. Perhaps you saw someone you know while waiting outside for take-out. Thanks for helping to support Lincoln and of course our local businesses.
- We welcomed our ASB Students to our monthly PTSA Meetings, giving monthly updates on their plans and keeping parents in the know on student led activities.
- Special Education staff were able to purchase enhanced educational materials to support their students away from campus.
- We supported all students by buying needed supplies for Teachers, Counselors and the School Nurse, including teaching aids, technology and and incentives to better engage students.
- Mock Trial team students practiced their arguing (!) and public speaking skills, and an online Coding Club and Pop-Up Book Clubs were some of the virtual after-school programs.
Drama and Art
- We celebrated our students’ artistic talents during the national PTA’s Reflections contest. Students created a wonderful array of art, including Photography, Literature and Visual Arts. All participants were honored at our November PTSA Meeting.
- While different than a Drama Production, students had the opportunity to participate in virtual Drama Classes and instruction.
There’s so much more… …like Technology Supplies and Maintenance, Online Learning Software, Library Books, On-Line Student Store, our first PTSA Kahoot! Game and a lot of appreciation for the time and effort our fabulous Teachers and Staff are putting in during these difficult times.
We are in unprecedented times, but together we shall be stronger. During this time of stress, try to remember what we can be thankful about. We look forward to seeing you in 2021. We have some fun stuff coming up, including a Scavenger Hunt, T-Shirt Design Contest, Kahoot! Tournament and of course, we are starting to plan a Graduation to Remember.
Be safe everyone. Tell those you care about how much they mean to you. Get outside and listen to the birds. Put a smile on someone’s face. We are in this as LMS. If ever in need, please reach out. The PTSA’s Mission is to support our students, family and community. Happy and Safe Holidays to all.
LMS PTSA President
Lincoln Middle School PTSA is a 501(c)(3) organization (EIN 95-6206521), and a unit of the California State PTA