This policy explains what types of information is collected by the Lincoln Middle School (LMS) PTSA website, www.lmsptsa.org, and how that information is used.
Your privacy is very important to us. Our guiding privacy principles are:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it, for instance to process a payment, record a membership, or to connect volunteers.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to provide services to you that you have requested, to comply with the law, or to protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of our site.
- We don’t rent or sell your personal information to anyone. Ever.
Gathering of personal information
When you visit the LMS PTSA website you may choose to interact with the website in ways that require us to gather personal information. The amount and type of personal information that we gather depends on the nature of your interaction with the website.
In each case, we only collect information to the extent that it’s necessary to provide a service, or product, process a donation, or connect a volunteer.
You can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Contact forms and emails:
If you submit a contact form or email through the website—for example to sign up to volunteer with the PTSA or to contact a member of the PTSA—we will use your email address and the information you provide in the contact form or email in order to process your request.
If you sign up for the LMS PTSA newsletter you voluntarily provide us with contact information (such as name and e-mail address, and grade level of your student). We use this information only for the purposes of sending and managing the newsletter. We use a third-party provider for our newsletter service: Benchmark (www.benchmarkemail.com). Benchmark stores our email list to enable us to provide the newsletter service, but does not otherwise use the information on the list in any way.
You may always “opt out,” either now or at any time in the future, if you do not wish to receive our newsletter, either by contacting us at email@example.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every newsletter.
Making donations and buying products through our website:
We provide products in our store using the services of EasyCart and PayPal. When you make a donation or buy a product on our website your credit card information is NOT stored on the website. However, the following information is collected and stored:
- Email addresses for all user orders and accounts.
- Family names if provided for “Donor Recognition” purposes.
- Member names when buying PTSA memberships, for membership processing and record-keeping.
- Billing addresses are required on all orders placed for payment purposes.
- Whilst there is no requirement to create an account in order to make donations or buy products using our website, if you opt to create an account during the checkout process, your username and encrypted passwords will be stored.
- Order history and order data.
- IP information is saved on order processing to help payment processors develop and implement fraud protection processes.
- Cookies are used to keep track of cart contents while you’re browsing our site.
- In some payment processing, the last 4 digits of a credit card and also the expiration date are saved and used in order management for authentication and verification of terminal orders.
- EasyCart implements several tracking code systems such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel which indirectly will collect user information such as order data, location, and page flow tracking. This information is not saved directly within the EasyCart system, but is directly implemented and passes personal information to those systems.
We use the information we collect to be able to process your order, so that we can:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store (if you choose to set up an account)
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
www.lmsptsa.org includes links to external websites. These links do not fall under the www.lmsptsa.org domain, and LMS PTSA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. You use any linked websites solely at your own risk.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you have visited the other website.
Who on our team has access
Members of the LMS PTSA website team and Executive Board have access to the information you provide us to help fulfil requests and orders, process refunds and support you. For example, Administrators can access:
- order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and, where relevant, where it should be sent
- customer information like your name, email address, and billing and, where relevant, shipping information.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses, where relevant.
LMS PTSA uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer www.lmsptsa.org.
What rights you have over your information
If you have an account on our website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal information we hold about you, including any information you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal information we hold about you. This does not include any information we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.