What is the Ed Foundation and why am I being asked to donate?
The Ed Foundation raises money each year to enhance and supplement the curriculum of all schools in our District. Its funding is made up of parent, community and business donations, as well as revenue from fundraising events.
What exactly is funded at Lincoln from Ed Foundation donations?
Thanks to generous contributions to the Ed Foundation, Lincoln students benefit from the following programs and resources:
- Teacher training
- Social-emotional programs for students, including mindfulness and anti-bullying
- AVID program
- 6th grade transition activities (Camp Lincoln)
- 7th grade writing night
- Teaching assistants in orchestra and band classes
- Hip-hop dance classes for 6th graders
- Materials, supplies and equipment for visual arts classes
- After-school theater program (co-sponsored with Lincoln PTSA)
- Music lessons and instruments for qualifying students
- Additional library books and materials
So, should I give to the Ed Foundation as well as the PTA?
Yes! Both the PTA and the Ed Foundation are critical funding sources for our school, but it’s important to know that they fund different things. The PTA cannot fund staff and programs. The PTA pays for “stuff” and experiences like technology, field trips, assemblies and clubs.
Only by contributing to BOTH are you fully supporting an excellent education for your child.
OK, how do I donate?
You can donate anytime, either online HERE or by picking up a donation envelope at the front office.
You can make a one-time donation by cash, check or card. Or you can decide to pay monthly, in installments, or even just pledge an amount now to donate at any time before June 30 2017.
Thanks so much for your support!
Are there other ways I can help beyond donating to the Ed Foundation ?
Yes! You can support the Ed Foundation while you shop. The Ed Foundation is partnered with Goodshop, AmazonSmile and Giving Assistant – find out more HERE.
You can participate in the Ed Foundation’s Spring events. Here are some events from previous years. Be sure to check the calendar for this year’s events!
- A benefit concert: at SAMOHI’s Barnum Hall. Nationally-recognized student musicians performed alongside Michael McDonald, with special guest Amy Holland, “Weird Al” Yankovic, Richard Page and VENICE. It was an incredible evening of music. It’s always a sell-out event.
- A dance event: think “Dancing with the Stars” in your own backyard, a fun event including 5th Grade student performers showcasing their ballroom dance techniques.
- A wine auction: at the Fairmont Miramar. Wine and food tastings, live and silent auctions, music, dancing and fun.
I still have questions. Can I talk to someone?
Reach out to the PTA President Rebecca Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please visit smedfoundation.org, where you’ll find lots more information about what the Ed Foundation does.
Thanks to the many families who have already given their support.